LITTOA's Mission Statement
The Long Island Taxi Transportation Operators Association (LITTOA) was founded in 1960 and has been providing our membership with a network of programs, services and support that will enhance members ability to effectively and profitably serve local public transportation needs. We are the leading information, education and legislative resource in the private ground passenger transportation industry and serve our members by:
- Representing common federal legislative interests
- Protecting and expanding industry rights and opportunities
- Collecting, interpreting and disseminating industry information
- Providing forums for professional development and education
- Advancing the image of the industry before the media and general public
- Represent the public interest in improving public transit for all persons.
- Represent the interests, common policies, requirements, and purposes of public transit.
- Provide a medium for exchange of experiences, discussion, and comparative study of public transit affairs.
- Promote research and investigation to the end of improving public transit.
- Aid members in dealing with special issues.
- Encourage cooperation among its members, their employees, and the general public.
- Encourage compliance with the letter and spirit of equal opportunity principles.
- Collect, compile, and make available to members data and information relative to public transit.
- Assist in the training, education, and professional development of all persons involved in public transit.
- Engage in any lawful activities which will serve the members and promote public transit.